Group Fitness Instructors lead members, in a group environment through a pre-arranged format of exercises. The format is designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring the safety of members is not compromised. The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for creating the class format and providing appropriate music.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Atleast 6 months of Group Fitness experience is preferred
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and group exercise principles
- Knowledge of basic physiology and body mechanics
- Positive and effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot audio equipment
- Group Fitness certification by ACE, AFAA, ACSM
- Current CPR certification and basic first aid training is required but may be provided
- Physical demands include, but are not limited, to the ability to lift weights, bending, squatting, jumping, running, reaching, walking, hopping, spinning and kicking.